Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day Twenty

Eight miles.  I determined in my mind that I could run it.  And so, this afternoon, I did.  I suppose the hardest part of running is deciding in your head that you can do it.  I've found that the body will do whatever the mind tells it to.  It's the mind that needs convinced.  And so, on Friday, my mind was already made up, and today I ran the four miles to my church and home again.  
I couldn't believe how good it felt, how strong I felt, how satisfied I was when I finally finished.  Truth be told, it took me entirely too long to do it.  I run slow, and have terrible form.  But I run.  That's the important thing.

Day Twenty 148lbs
I'm sure you've all noticed the 2 pound flux in my weight.  But we won't worry about that because we know I carb-loaded in order to prepare for my run.  

Tonight I had the most delicious rotisserie chicken for dinner.  I also had corn, a potato, and a biscuit.  More carbs.  More running tomorrow.


Mary, there's my feet again.  Not sure what the appeal is, but I'm glad you like them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment